A consultation proposing the building of 600 homes on green belt land in Walsall ends today, Monday 11 October.
Land at the back of the Arboretum
A petition against the development, which includes land that backs onto Walsall Arboretum, has raised over 1,700 signatures, with some local residents heading to the town’s park over the weekend to give out leaflets to raise awareness of the plans.
The full list of locations for the housing proposals are as follows:
- Next to the Pacific Nursery, Streetly
- Between Pheasey and Streetly on the A4041
- Between the Aldridge Road and the Arboretum, Fernleigh Road and the Calderfields Golf Club
- Between the Longhorn Pub and Longwood Lane on Sutton Road
- Between Lazy Hill Road and Stonnall Road, Aldridge
- North of the Lichfield Road, Pelsall
- North of Little Bloxwich on the Stafford Road
- North of Mob Lane, Shelfield
- Sandhills, next to the Chester Road and A461
Full details of the proposal can be found on the Black Country plan website, with today being the final day to submit comments.